Friday, July 10, 2015

34 weeks, July 10 Surprise visit from Grandma and Grandpa!!!


At 34 weeks our baby is about the size of a squash, about 17.2-19 inches and 4.2-5.8 lbs. 
I'm so excited, before I get to anything more about our baby I need to share my surprise this week! Grandma and Grandpa surprised Dennis & I, and arrived from Quesnel to visit us on July 8th. It was my Moms Birthday wish to be here with me for her Birthday, July 8th! I feel so delighted, spoiled, ecstatic, and overjoyed that they would travel all of this way to see me! I phoned my Mom on the morning of her Birthday to wish, and sing to her a very Happy Birthday. She informed me that her and Dad would be going out to the cabin for the day. I didn't think anything out of the ordinary. It sounded like a lovely way for her to spend her Birthday. 
Wednesday night, Dennis & I were at our first Birth and Babies class with AHS, from 7-9pm. At the end of the class I took out my phone to check for messages and noticed the following pictures on my phone, in a message from my Mom. Initially I thought that my Mom and Dad had taken these photos in front of their own home, and then realized that they were standing on our porch! I couldn't contain my excitement! We hurried home to see them! I am so happy to have them here, however our house is in disarray, Dennis & I are still living in the basement and renovations are incompletely! Luckily my parents are able to stay at Aunty Bobby's house during the renos. 
My Mom wanted to see me again, and be with me before the baby comes! 





Back to the baby... 
We had an ultrasound on Tuesday, July 7th to check on the previa, and babe again. Everything is really well with our baby girl, she was moving a lot and measured perfectly, she is approximately 6 pounds and in the 90th percentile. However, the placenta is completely in the way still, covering my cervix by 6cm. I thought that this would be our last ultrasound, however, they booked us back in for another peek at 36 weeks, July 21st- exactly a week prior to the little girls' arrival. 




On Tuesday afternoon, I also I had an appointment with the OBGYN. They requested a consult with a paediatrician from the NICU team, who spoke with me in length about taking a hormone injection, betamethasone to help our baby's lungs develop. They strongly recommend and encourage these injections for babies born prior to 34 weeks, however, they are unsure of the benefit after 34 weeks. That being said, there arent any adverse affects, and left the decision up to me and Dennis. I decided to go ahead with the injections as there is a possibility of our baby being born prior to 37 weeks (if I have a bleed they will do an emergency cesarian). I waited around for hours on Tuesday afternoon for the beta shot, and came back on Wednesday afternoon, for the 2nd injection (both need to be 24 hours apart from one another). I really hope I don't need to go into triage again, the wait was horrible (2 hours plus). 

Our baby has been moving a lot. At this point the doctors and midwives say that I should feel 6 movements every 2 hours. I dont keep track of this regularly but I feel her often, and Im not concerned. Sometimes, I can feel parts of her body. Her head is down (ready for birth), her bum is up under my right rib. I feel a lot of pressure and often feel that I need to stretch my body, and lie down so that she can have some more room. The other day, while at the lake my mom & I could distinctly feel one of her feet through my belly! So weird and cool! 

Thankfully the pain and discomfort that I had in my lower abdomen 2 weeks ago has completely gone away. I still sleep with my wrist brace, for carpal tunnel, which helps and is necessary. 
The only major discomfort that I currently have is swelling, especially with the 30 degree heat. My ankles and feet swell up, as well as my wrists and fingers. 

Dennis & I had maternity photos scheduled last weekend, July 4th, with Shima Studios. Unfortunately, on Saturday our photographer was sick, we postponed until Sunday. The weather was much better on Sunday anyways, and I think in the end it worked out perfectly. We shared a beautiful evening together, and shot in the beautiful sundown glow, in country fields past Airdrie for 2 hours! I am excited and looking forward to seeing the photos! We scheduled our newborn photos with Kirsten from Shima Studios for August 2nd. Our baby girl will be 5 days old. 





As you can see, photos are not done in the nursery as it is upside down; completely not ready for baby! A wall still needs to be repaired from demo damage, and there is an overload of furniture and clothes strewn about in the babies room. I feel sad and overwhelmed that with just 2.25 weeks left our house is completely not ready.
Im feeling quite frustrated with the renovations this week. Here are a number of problems we've encountered in the past week with the renos:
1- Hardwood installer from Harrison Homes walked out on us last week. 
2- Carpet installer left the house a mess, black finger marks on walls and fibres from carpet everywhere! 


3- Baseboards were due to arrive on Thursday. Thursday morning I received a phone call from Timber Town that they in fact didnt have any of the baseboards that we needed (even though I had confirmed prior). Long story short- they bought the boards from another retailer and delivered them to us. 
4- Friday morning the remaining tile we've been waiting on was supposed to arrive, and is not here. Unfortunately the tiler cannot finish the job until it arrives. 
5- Hardwood contractor has phoned in sick and wont be available until Monday. 
My patience is being tested. I was doing really well with the hiccups so far, and expected a few but now Im ready to put things back together and get the ball rolling.
I am really hoping that next week goes more smoothly. I strongly feel that we need to start putting our home back together. 




Trinity got a Birthday cake for my Mom! We had icecream cake, and went to McKenzie Lake. 

 Dennis & I took Mom & Dad to their first Calgary Stampede! 




I splurged and bought this Air conditioner. It is brilliant! It works well, seems simple and effective! 
It has been 30 degrees in Calgary for the past 3-4 weeks. I think I deserve this! 


No comments:

Post a Comment