Thursday, July 16, 2015

35 weeks, July 16



With less than 2 weeks left in this pregnancy I am feeling nostalgic and sad that I am just about done carrying our daughter. I dont feel ready, and feel overwhelmed and anxious about delivering so soon; Im not ready. That being said, I am excited and so looking forward to meeting her and carrying our baby on the outside. I also am so looking forward to seeing Dennis as a Dad. 
I have been feeling great! I still have some swelling in my hands and feet, however, it's not as bad as it was (or Ive gotten used to it). 
I had 2 appointments this week. I met with our OB on Tuesday morning, the doctor is so impressed by how well baby and I are doing. I was in and out of her office within 10 minutes. Its interesting getting both perspectives, having both midwifery and obstetric care. I much prefer the midwives, and wish they could solely provide our care. Today I met with my favourite midwife, Caroline. She hugged me! Its a much more personal experience. I feel connected with them, and that they truly care about our experience. I feel so fortunate and grateful. Caroline will be in the OR with us, immediately after the surgery she will assess baby and put her on my chest. This is a much different experience than other Moms experience in the OR. By the sounds of it, after a typical cesarean section babes will be assessed and taken away from Mom for a period of time, seemingly much longer than the midwives will allow. Caroline will prioritize getting baby skin to skin, and feeding as soon as possible with me. I cried hearing about her involvement with the procedure and that she will ensure that our baby is with us as soon as possible. I love that Caroline will be there with our family, and I know that she genuinely wants to be there as well. I absolutely trust her, and can be vulnerable with her in an easy way. Dennis too really likes her.
As per usual for all midwife appointments, Caroline felt our baby, listened to her heart beat (150, it was also 150 on Tuesday at my OB appointment- the OB said she must be hyper), as well as my blood pressure, weight and belly measurement. Everything is measuring perfectly. I have gained 30-35 pounds, which is really normal and healthy.
Our final pregnancy appointment with the midwives will be a home visit, next Tuesday, at 11am. I hope that our home will be in order by then, and presentable! I also have an OB appointment next week, and one last ultrasound appointment. I cant believe this pregnancy is coming to an end so soon. 
Our renovations finished today, officially; what a relief! The hardwood floors and baseboards were done Monday & Tuesday, today we had shower doors installed as well a plumber in for all shower, bathroom fixtures new toilets. We finally have access more than one toilet! We will be able to move upstairs (we have been living in the basement, and sleeping on a mattress on the floor) and start putting things back in place! Dennis is caulking, and filling nail holes in the baseboards. We have both been so busy, Dennis & I have been up until 11:30pm most nights working on the house. I have been cleaning, organizing, painting and putting things away, as much as I can. We missed our prenatal class this week, as we have too much work to do (apparently the 2nd class is all about labouring, and I wont be able to experience that so Im not worried). 
Tomorrow we have someone coming in to clean our furnace and ducts, and on Saturday someone coming to steam clean the basement carpets and couches. With the renovations, and especially the demolition of the tile we feel it's necessary. 
Thanks for following along, for your love and support. 
x0








Acacia Hardwood Floors complete! 



This is what our nursery currently looks like. :(







No comments:

Post a Comment